Skip to main content

THE IRONY OF THE RING

  
 

OK, this sounds to me like 'The Lord Of The Rings' (remember that epic fantasy film directed by Peter Jackson?). Well, I am not about to write another epic movie okay, lol, what I am referring to in this piece is the wedding ring worn by ladies. I had to settle for this title because it sounds just okay for what's on my mind. 

Without any further ado lets get talking. You may already know that the wedding ring, is a symbol of oneness, commitment and devotion, as well as a token of love between couples. Now, there is this circle I discovered among single ladies that is really funny. You know what they say about the 'sweet sixteen', a phrase that depicts the bloom stage in a girls life; that flowery and youthful period when she is the toast and attraction of all the men around? Right! I have seen young girls who got so carried away by their beauty to the extent that they go buy a ring and wear it to discourage men from coming close to them. So they put it either on the engagement finger or the wedding finger and as a result the men think twice before coming close to them, and in most cases they are scared off completely.Not that I have a problem with this in a genuine case, but when it is worn to creat a false impression, I don't think it is right because where it is a play of deceit and it back fires, it is usually scornful.

Now here is the irony in the whole game. Some years later she is almost forty and yet not married, she throws the ring away so that the men will see that she is still single; ironic you would agree. In fact some ladies because of the false lives they've lived, they prefer to continue wearing the ring on the wedding finger while they are yet single at such middle life age just to cover up the shame. Some even have to relocate to another town where they are not known, to live without the ring, secretly praying and hoping that a guy puts a ring on their fingers, how ironic...isn't it?

My point is simple; do the right thing at the right time. My ladies, you might want to think of a better way to ward off the flocking men around you than use that ring cos its a killer strategy. You might just discourage your soul mate with that trick and never get to meet that man of your dreams again. When they flock around you at that bloom stage of your life, you must understand that it is meant to be so, and to your advantage too, that is, you can have a wide range of 'stock' from where to make your choices from. When you don't think you want a guy around you, politely tell them off. That would be more better than the ring trick.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Announcer: Queen & Pst. Chris .O.

It's here again the season of love, weddings and marriage. It has been a lovely Royalty Blog year as we shared lovely photos and beautiful love stories from our Royal couples. The wedding I'm about to announce won't be any different from class and Royalty and just like me you too will love their pre-wedding photos, grinning from ear to ear..lol. Okay let's get right into it, where's my wedding bells?

READY BUT STILL WAITING

I have something to say, hmmmmmmm, I have something to say.... Listen! Listen pay full attention for I have something to say...... Ehennnnnn so let me land. When I dropped my first note this year " Same wish-list as every year" it was focused on the unmarried young lady and this led me straight to my next thoughts which i'm about to share with you. You know I always like to look at the flip side of every story, so my focus is undoubtedly focused on the unmarried brothers. When I write I draw my inspiration/findings from real life everyday  people and experiences that everyone can relate with, it doesn't necessarily have to be about me but I clearly like to state my opinion on life issues as I see or perceive them. *wink* Now  Prince charming got it all working for him, a good family, a great job, a nice apartment, may or may not have a car, perfect gentle man, ladies man, and goes to church at le ast every sunday. He's mature and respectful, he's always

Wedding Announcer: VeeBee2016 (Lovestory, Engagement, Photos, Wedding details)

Wedding bells! Wedding bells!! Wedding bells!!! It's been a longtime coming and I have eagerly waited for this day when I'll announce the wedding of this fantastic couple and tell their story. There's never a dull moment with this two; Veebee Squad So sensational gospel music minister Victoria Otabor popularly known as Veekezy is set to marry her heartthrob Bright Amazu on the 2nd of April 2016 (soft copy invite with details below) NB: Grab a bottle of sprite, or whatever you like as you take a journey into Veebees's world. You'll be smiling all the way. Okay enough said, oya let's go there. WHERE IT ALL STARTED (OUR LOVE STORY) Love is our transportation and forever is our Destination Groom : I couldn't mention one leaving the other. I could still remember that picture. It was the Display Picture of a friend on the Blackberry Messenger. In black skirts these ladies were and it seemed to me like it was their choir uniform. I loved mu