Skip to main content

MOTHER-IN-LAWS (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)




This is a topic many married women love to discuss and the single ladies dread but really I see no issue in it. Who really are mother-in-laws? I know you know they are the mothers to ones husband. But when the phrase is mentioned what comes to mind?
Fear – trouble- witch- lack of peace or an intruder? What really comes to your mind?
                    
This brings me back to when I was in secondary school; I and my hostel mates were having a discussion, when one of us immediately mentioned that she prays her mother-in-law to-be dies before she’ll ever meet her husband.
Waoooo I thought to myself, that was rather harsh and a barbaric mindset, but would you blame her, No! certainly not. It was the level of information she was exposed to at that time and the society we live in. I know some of you still think like my old school mate, but truth be told it is wrong. Hardly would you watch a home video without displaying the mother -in-law as a troublesome character. But is this always true, no! Is it sometimes true, yes! Your mother-in-law’s mannerism is a reflection of how you perceive her, and hence your behaviour towards her. I said this to say, if ever before you met her, or the day your man took you to his home your heart beat kept skipping, something about your disposition will send the wrong signal to her and she gets to be a little suspicious about your personality and thereby defensive.

These women are humans and they are sensitive too, once they were girls like you are, if they were sweet and fun to be with then, they will not automatically change with time and age.I am aware that some mother-in-laws' behaviour might as well be a result of their age. It is true that a younger, older and much older woman will not respond to a particular situation in the same way. Now, do you realize that you can even have a young classy updated mother-in-law? Gone are those days when women were not educated, today women are schooled and they are busy running their enterprise and have no time to move into your homes to monitor you as you think. Like I often tell people whatever you fear will come to you, just like the man Job in the bible. And even if you get to meet a troublesome mother-in-law, who says she can not become sweet? Why give up on her or pray for her bad? Remember you too will also be a mother-in-law someday and that daughter-in-law of yours will pray for your bad too.

In my opinion, the problem often time begins from the wify......to be continued (Tomorrow I will give my reasons as regards the statement above and how you can make it work) 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Announcer: Queen & Pst. Chris .O.

It's here again the season of love, weddings and marriage. It has been a lovely Royalty Blog year as we shared lovely photos and beautiful love stories from our Royal couples. The wedding I'm about to announce won't be any different from class and Royalty and just like me you too will love their pre-wedding photos, grinning from ear to ear..lol. Okay let's get right into it, where's my wedding bells?

Wedding Announcer: VeeBee2016 (Lovestory, Engagement, Photos, Wedding details)

Wedding bells! Wedding bells!! Wedding bells!!! It's been a longtime coming and I have eagerly waited for this day when I'll announce the wedding of this fantastic couple and tell their story. There's never a dull moment with this two; Veebee Squad So sensational gospel music minister Victoria Otabor popularly known as Veekezy is set to marry her heartthrob Bright Amazu on the 2nd of April 2016 (soft copy invite with details below) NB: Grab a bottle of sprite, or whatever you like as you take a journey into Veebees's world. You'll be smiling all the way. Okay enough said, oya let's go there. WHERE IT ALL STARTED (OUR LOVE STORY) Love is our transportation and forever is our Destination Groom : I couldn't mention one leaving the other. I could still remember that picture. It was the Display Picture of a friend on the Blackberry Messenger. In black skirts these ladies were and it seemed to me like it was their choir uniform. I loved mu

READY BUT STILL WAITING

I have something to say, hmmmmmmm, I have something to say.... Listen! Listen pay full attention for I have something to say...... Ehennnnnn so let me land. When I dropped my first note this year " Same wish-list as every year" it was focused on the unmarried young lady and this led me straight to my next thoughts which i'm about to share with you. You know I always like to look at the flip side of every story, so my focus is undoubtedly focused on the unmarried brothers. When I write I draw my inspiration/findings from real life everyday  people and experiences that everyone can relate with, it doesn't necessarily have to be about me but I clearly like to state my opinion on life issues as I see or perceive them. *wink* Now  Prince charming got it all working for him, a good family, a great job, a nice apartment, may or may not have a car, perfect gentle man, ladies man, and goes to church at le ast every sunday. He's mature and respectful, he's always