Skip to main content

SINCERELY Q: LAZY DATERS 2.


“I sincerely lay no claims to being more knowledgeable than anyone, for these are merely my perceptions about life and they are opened to debate and criticisms -please feel free to anytime. However I do believe I know better than I knew yesterday and many years before. The sincere purpose thus, is to be able to share my own thoughts and conceptions with the world in hopes that I would be able to bless and inspire someone out there and the world would be able to do the same for me; for knowledge is tyrannical unless it is shared. Enjoy!”

Hello everyone...so we started talking about LAZY DATERS Last week and already I'd seen funny and interesting opinions..do share here also so others can learn via this platform. Okay back to the matter...remember I told you these things have eaten so deep into society that a friend of mine insisted that she could stake her life that love doesn't exist anymore.
“I sincerely lay no claims to being more knowledgeable than anyone, for these are merely my perceptions about life and they are opened to debate and criticisms -please feel free to anytime. However I do believe I know better than I knew yesterday and many years before. The sincere purpose thus, is to be able to share my own thoughts and conceptions with the world in hopes that I would be able to bless and inspire someone out there and the world would be able to do the same for me; for knowledge is tyrannical unless it is shared. Enjoy!”
“In fact, My mother told me that she saw love in a train station heading back to where it came from. I got tired of the world jare”. The essence of it, she insisted, was long gone and I was tempted to agree. Our parents’ generations no matter how backward and uncivilized it might have seemed had more love gardens than we do now. Back then, they had to queue up in line just to post letters to their spouses across the Atlantic Ocean (that is for those who were wealthy enough to travel out of the country), because they didn’t have emails. I could also remember that when I was little, my mum had to go two streets away from our house at a précised date and time just to receive a phone call from my dad because then, Sim cards were excessively expensive. The transport services had more customers on weekends, because you could find a lot of young people buying tickets to go see their loved ones. This was a time that Facebook didn’t even exist, the inventor of black berry messenger or Whatsapp hadn’t even conceived the idea. In as much as these social media were meant to make life easier, there are some facts in life that requires steady hard work and commitment. Facts like love, family…friendship.

There was this other time I suffered at the hand of a lazy dater. It was Independence Day and we were out on a date. Previously, we had talked immensely about how fun our date was going to be blah blah blah. In short, when he picked me up and I had strapped in my seat belt, I was enthusiastic that this was going to be one of the best dates I’d ever had but to my utmost dismay, all through the fifteen minutes’ drive to the cinema, my date had answered like seven calls in total and had received twenty pings even while driving. "Offense number one". When we arrived at the cinema and had purchased our tickets, it turned out that we had nothing but more time to kill, because the movie was to be aired an hour later. One would expect that this would create a convenient time for us to get to know each other better but then my date’s phone rang out again and he was lost in a corner answering the call which took about twenty minutes. By the time he returned, I had jotted it down in my mind as offense number two but then, I’m a good girl now….I should not hold grudges, Haba Christian like me?…so I shoved my disappointment to one side and tried to start up a conversation. I started by asking him questions about himself but noticed that every time he replied, his eyes were glued to his phone and he would chuckle even when I didn’t even try to crack a joke. For a moment, I began to doubt myself. Wait, am I this boring? But none of the daters I’ve been with had ever complained about me being boring na, I had to remind myself. So I excused myself to the convenience but by the time I returned, Mr Date had gotten lost in his phone-chatting away on BBM this time-that he didn’t even notice when I returned, sat at the seat opposite him and turned on my phone. The next few minutes were about Temple run for me. I played and played until I beat my last score... Haba Wetin? na you sabi phone pass?

So let’s think about it for a moment, would you expect me to want to go on a date with such a person again even if he was the last man on earth? Even if I was boring, I deserved at least the simple courtesy of keeping your phone away for that evening... It wouldn’t have hurt, would it? I really don’t know but like the famous English proverb would say “Too much of everything is bad”. Don’t let the things that are meant to be good to you rob you off of what love and life is truly meant to be. Don’t substitute them for what’s more important because Love itself is like a seed that requires the effort of the sower to help it germinate. For Love may not be all about hard work but it is mostly about sacrifice…………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Announcer: Queen & Pst. Chris .O.

It's here again the season of love, weddings and marriage. It has been a lovely Royalty Blog year as we shared lovely photos and beautiful love stories from our Royal couples. The wedding I'm about to announce won't be any different from class and Royalty and just like me you too will love their pre-wedding photos, grinning from ear to ear..lol. Okay let's get right into it, where's my wedding bells?

READY BUT STILL WAITING

I have something to say, hmmmmmmm, I have something to say.... Listen! Listen pay full attention for I have something to say...... Ehennnnnn so let me land. When I dropped my first note this year " Same wish-list as every year" it was focused on the unmarried young lady and this led me straight to my next thoughts which i'm about to share with you. You know I always like to look at the flip side of every story, so my focus is undoubtedly focused on the unmarried brothers. When I write I draw my inspiration/findings from real life everyday  people and experiences that everyone can relate with, it doesn't necessarily have to be about me but I clearly like to state my opinion on life issues as I see or perceive them. *wink* Now  Prince charming got it all working for him, a good family, a great job, a nice apartment, may or may not have a car, perfect gentle man, ladies man, and goes to church at le ast every sunday. He's mature and respectful, he's always

Wedding Announcer: VeeBee2016 (Lovestory, Engagement, Photos, Wedding details)

Wedding bells! Wedding bells!! Wedding bells!!! It's been a longtime coming and I have eagerly waited for this day when I'll announce the wedding of this fantastic couple and tell their story. There's never a dull moment with this two; Veebee Squad So sensational gospel music minister Victoria Otabor popularly known as Veekezy is set to marry her heartthrob Bright Amazu on the 2nd of April 2016 (soft copy invite with details below) NB: Grab a bottle of sprite, or whatever you like as you take a journey into Veebees's world. You'll be smiling all the way. Okay enough said, oya let's go there. WHERE IT ALL STARTED (OUR LOVE STORY) Love is our transportation and forever is our Destination Groom : I couldn't mention one leaving the other. I could still remember that picture. It was the Display Picture of a friend on the Blackberry Messenger. In black skirts these ladies were and it seemed to me like it was their choir uniform. I loved mu