Skip to main content

SINCERELY Q-This Thing called HONESTY


Hello dearest ones, Thank God it's Friday, Introducing for the first time a new column,
Sincerely Q - (NEW on Royalty Blog).
A young and expiring writer, Quincy Iwediokpulu, will be sharing every friday on this blog, inspiring notes on relationships, general lifestyle etc. using eveyday occurrences and experience. It's going to be very interactive as she is very ready to ask you thoughts provoking questions, answer your questions, guide and give advice. NB: This is different from my regular or any other writer's articles that can come to you at any time or day. Okay over to you Q.!


This Thing called HONESTY

“I sincerely lay no claims to being more knowledgeable than anyone, for these are merely my perceptions about life and they are opened to debate and criticisms -please feel free to anytime. However I do believe I know better than I knew yesterday and many years before. The sincere purpose is to be able to bless someone out there for knowledge is tyrannical unless it is shared. Enjoy!”

I think it was after I said it that I realized Chai! I don make mistake o. I for no talk at all at all!
“Q, say the truth now o and let the devil be ashamed. You know that all liars go to hell fire” And I wanted to ask her…Eh what about rumor mongers and gossips? But I kept my mouth shut and turned back to my work.
“Nkiru, the truth is what I just said. What do you want me to say again? Abeg leave me jare. No disturb me” I replied irritated.

“How can that be the truth when everybody knows that you both branch each other’s house after work?” Nkiru asked ignoring the ”No disturb me” looked at my face and took a seat beside me.
“And how is that anybody’s business?” I announced turning back at her to watch her laugh loudly…
“It is o. Oh come on Q, we both wish you both well na and we really cannot wait to see you both married” she said winking as she swept the other opened eye over me as if to be sure she actually meant what she had just said.

Liar! My thoughts ran… Even though everyone else in this office wishes me well…Definitely not you… Madam just say you want Onyedikachi to like you instead and let me be o

“Ehen? Ok no problem. We go marry. Is that not what you want to hear?” I asked her looking straight into her eyes as if daring her to deny my statement and she didn’t even bother.
“Ehen!...na now you come. Which one be “I’m not in love with him o…He is my brother” When we both know that both of you don’t look alike at all or bear the same surname” She stated rising up from her seat.

I shook my head sympathetically. All these tatafo people sef. How does different surnames make anyone less of a relation? No be by blood again?
Eh but she was gone before I could put a voice to my thoughts.
It has come to my notice that Honesty when it comes to dealing with people is a vast concept that most people do not or rather cannot grasp. The oxford dictionary defined it as being truthfully but it didn’t say in what gravity or in what consistency. Should one be honest at all times? Should it be regularly or occasionally?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Announcer: Queen & Pst. Chris .O.

It's here again the season of love, weddings and marriage. It has been a lovely Royalty Blog year as we shared lovely photos and beautiful love stories from our Royal couples. The wedding I'm about to announce won't be any different from class and Royalty and just like me you too will love their pre-wedding photos, grinning from ear to ear..lol. Okay let's get right into it, where's my wedding bells?

READY BUT STILL WAITING

I have something to say, hmmmmmmm, I have something to say.... Listen! Listen pay full attention for I have something to say...... Ehennnnnn so let me land. When I dropped my first note this year " Same wish-list as every year" it was focused on the unmarried young lady and this led me straight to my next thoughts which i'm about to share with you. You know I always like to look at the flip side of every story, so my focus is undoubtedly focused on the unmarried brothers. When I write I draw my inspiration/findings from real life everyday  people and experiences that everyone can relate with, it doesn't necessarily have to be about me but I clearly like to state my opinion on life issues as I see or perceive them. *wink* Now  Prince charming got it all working for him, a good family, a great job, a nice apartment, may or may not have a car, perfect gentle man, ladies man, and goes to church at le ast every sunday. He's mature and respectful, he's always

Wedding Announcer: VeeBee2016 (Lovestory, Engagement, Photos, Wedding details)

Wedding bells! Wedding bells!! Wedding bells!!! It's been a longtime coming and I have eagerly waited for this day when I'll announce the wedding of this fantastic couple and tell their story. There's never a dull moment with this two; Veebee Squad So sensational gospel music minister Victoria Otabor popularly known as Veekezy is set to marry her heartthrob Bright Amazu on the 2nd of April 2016 (soft copy invite with details below) NB: Grab a bottle of sprite, or whatever you like as you take a journey into Veebees's world. You'll be smiling all the way. Okay enough said, oya let's go there. WHERE IT ALL STARTED (OUR LOVE STORY) Love is our transportation and forever is our Destination Groom : I couldn't mention one leaving the other. I could still remember that picture. It was the Display Picture of a friend on the Blackberry Messenger. In black skirts these ladies were and it seemed to me like it was their choir uniform. I loved mu