Skip to main content

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY I TRUST ...



By Royal David:


Obviously our focus today is on the word TRUST. The dictionary meaning of trust is simply put as confidence or reliance on someone's person or quality. You can depend and hold on to his/her words or actions, knowing that the person wil not try to harm or trick you. But is that what trust is really about. 

Dictionary definition very correct but that's just one side of the coin, there is more to trusting someone. Now lets unveil the otherside of trust. Most times when people say I trust him, or I trust her The reason is because he or she has given them no reason to doubt so their trust is based on the availability of openness and sincerity they get from the person. In other words because the person's actions are predictable. 

Your trust for someone is truly revealed when the person becomes unpredictable. E.g. A woman can trust a man who closes by 5:00pm and is home by 6:30pm and it has been so for months. But real trust is revealed by your actions when the man starts coming by 9:00pm and he says "some added responsibility at the office, or something came up just trust me." Can you handle that? it's at this point you can say you trust him or not. Trust isn't only about when one is predictable( when all is going as planned, when you can work out the other person's schedule) but when he/she isn't predictable and you can still hold on to their words. 
A time will come when the other party will tell you I have no time to explain just trust me on this. It may not even go down well with you but that's your moment of truth, your trust is being tested. She's been telling you her boss is secretly making advances at her, and now she is telling you that they are both travelling out of the country for a business meeting for 2weeks. And as a P.A you know her job requires her to go. How will you handle that?

I'm aware most of you have had your trust trampled on in the past. But now that you understood the true meaning of trust I hope you use the word wisely and give it at any rate to the one you truly love. Let it be said that you trusted him/her but he/she failed you and not you dis-trusting someone who is just faithful. How would you feel after complaining to a family friend about your husband keeping late nights and that you think he is having an affair, and then he/she opens up to tell you it's all because he is planning a surprise birthday party for you. Like the scripture says "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" that's how God wants us to trust one another. 

Extracts from "The Beautiful Life"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Announcer: Queen & Pst. Chris .O.

It's here again the season of love, weddings and marriage. It has been a lovely Royalty Blog year as we shared lovely photos and beautiful love stories from our Royal couples. The wedding I'm about to announce won't be any different from class and Royalty and just like me you too will love their pre-wedding photos, grinning from ear to ear..lol. Okay let's get right into it, where's my wedding bells?

READY BUT STILL WAITING

I have something to say, hmmmmmmm, I have something to say.... Listen! Listen pay full attention for I have something to say...... Ehennnnnn so let me land. When I dropped my first note this year " Same wish-list as every year" it was focused on the unmarried young lady and this led me straight to my next thoughts which i'm about to share with you. You know I always like to look at the flip side of every story, so my focus is undoubtedly focused on the unmarried brothers. When I write I draw my inspiration/findings from real life everyday  people and experiences that everyone can relate with, it doesn't necessarily have to be about me but I clearly like to state my opinion on life issues as I see or perceive them. *wink* Now  Prince charming got it all working for him, a good family, a great job, a nice apartment, may or may not have a car, perfect gentle man, ladies man, and goes to church at le ast every sunday. He's mature and respectful, he's always

Wedding Announcer: VeeBee2016 (Lovestory, Engagement, Photos, Wedding details)

Wedding bells! Wedding bells!! Wedding bells!!! It's been a longtime coming and I have eagerly waited for this day when I'll announce the wedding of this fantastic couple and tell their story. There's never a dull moment with this two; Veebee Squad So sensational gospel music minister Victoria Otabor popularly known as Veekezy is set to marry her heartthrob Bright Amazu on the 2nd of April 2016 (soft copy invite with details below) NB: Grab a bottle of sprite, or whatever you like as you take a journey into Veebees's world. You'll be smiling all the way. Okay enough said, oya let's go there. WHERE IT ALL STARTED (OUR LOVE STORY) Love is our transportation and forever is our Destination Groom : I couldn't mention one leaving the other. I could still remember that picture. It was the Display Picture of a friend on the Blackberry Messenger. In black skirts these ladies were and it seemed to me like it was their choir uniform. I loved mu