Skip to main content

I'M A MARRIED WOMAN



Written by Royal-David Igbinedion
Photo credit: Gist Us

I've been meaning to write this for sometime now, glad i'm finally doing it. I like to be objective and say things the way they are without any form of bias. Sometime in 2011 I had just returned from the Nysc orientation camp and excited to show my family back at home my kaaki and of course share my camping experience. During my visit home I came across this old acquaintance of mine and mind you she's younger to me age wise, school etc. and she's always been very respectful but on seeing her this time she gave me the madam-ish kind of look and was behaving as though she can't recognise me or I should greet her first. Well I'm never of the opinion that the younger must greet the elder first, after all it's just a greeting or mere pleasantry, so I sarcastically said "madam good afternoon" and she was like "oh auntie good afternoon long time" flaunting her wedding band but I deliberately refused to see it. Then she said to the owner of the shop is this the bread my husband likes buying (hahaha I laughed hard on the inside, but said nothing) then she said Aunty I'm married ooo,  oh really i said, of course I told her that I wasn't aware because I didn't get an  IV. I sent my regards to her family and she left.

Some married ladies are of the opinion that once they are married they suddenly become older so to speak. They start behaving older than their age and looking for attention/respect, flashing their rings in people's face. This is not applicable to all married women but especially the young ones (the ones who got married quite early so to speak) Some of them suddenly start displaying some nonsensical attitude to their single unmarried friends, like they are no longer in their level, you know, that kind of a thing. They outrightly forsake their single friends even though they can learn a thing or two from them that can better their lives. At the slightest opportunity you hear them say the word "I'm A married woman" or they say it with their attitude. 

Madam married woman, being married is not an achievement, i'm sure you are not just hearing this. It's like the normal phenomenon/process of life. It's great when you are married and still great when you are not, some people want to be nuns and it doesn't make them less of a Human. You can't see your elders and not greet them just because  you are married and they are not, that is being disrespectful. Marriage does not add a grain of white hair to your hair or make you wiser over night or disrespectful but rather it makes you more responsible. 

That being said i'll like to talk about the 2nd set of "I'm a married woman group", those who are newly wedded or maybe 2 or 3 years old in marriage, suddenly feel all married women are the same. They feel bad to be scolded by another married woman who's been there like 5years and above in marriage. They might even say "don't talk to me like that I'm a married woman or you are married and I'm a married".. Lol  Who says a married woman can not be corrected by another person other than her husband? Truth be told there are levels and all married women are not the same. Respect those who have long been there.  

There are some other young married women who feel they can now advice a newly wedded about husbands and marriage topics because they got married before them even though they are younger. You see your experience is unique to you and your 1 or 2 years in marriage does not mean you know it all and should be advising your elders who just got married. They on their own have lived longer than you are on earth, have watched their parents or other older couple's life  to know about marriage than the advice from your own experience. With your good intentions sweetheart, it may come out wrong, or perceived wrongly, please take note.

So all those ladies going about with the *I'm a married woman attitude* should think again. Be responsible, but do not neglect all your old single friends (male or female) except they are your ex or someone you were romantically involved with in the past, because great ideas, deals and opportunities can come out from them. #thoughttosayit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Announcer: Queen & Pst. Chris .O.

It's here again the season of love, weddings and marriage. It has been a lovely Royalty Blog year as we shared lovely photos and beautiful love stories from our Royal couples. The wedding I'm about to announce won't be any different from class and Royalty and just like me you too will love their pre-wedding photos, grinning from ear to ear..lol. Okay let's get right into it, where's my wedding bells?

READY BUT STILL WAITING

I have something to say, hmmmmmmm, I have something to say.... Listen! Listen pay full attention for I have something to say...... Ehennnnnn so let me land. When I dropped my first note this year " Same wish-list as every year" it was focused on the unmarried young lady and this led me straight to my next thoughts which i'm about to share with you. You know I always like to look at the flip side of every story, so my focus is undoubtedly focused on the unmarried brothers. When I write I draw my inspiration/findings from real life everyday  people and experiences that everyone can relate with, it doesn't necessarily have to be about me but I clearly like to state my opinion on life issues as I see or perceive them. *wink* Now  Prince charming got it all working for him, a good family, a great job, a nice apartment, may or may not have a car, perfect gentle man, ladies man, and goes to church at le ast every sunday. He's mature and respectful, he's always

Wedding Announcer: VeeBee2016 (Lovestory, Engagement, Photos, Wedding details)

Wedding bells! Wedding bells!! Wedding bells!!! It's been a longtime coming and I have eagerly waited for this day when I'll announce the wedding of this fantastic couple and tell their story. There's never a dull moment with this two; Veebee Squad So sensational gospel music minister Victoria Otabor popularly known as Veekezy is set to marry her heartthrob Bright Amazu on the 2nd of April 2016 (soft copy invite with details below) NB: Grab a bottle of sprite, or whatever you like as you take a journey into Veebees's world. You'll be smiling all the way. Okay enough said, oya let's go there. WHERE IT ALL STARTED (OUR LOVE STORY) Love is our transportation and forever is our Destination Groom : I couldn't mention one leaving the other. I could still remember that picture. It was the Display Picture of a friend on the Blackberry Messenger. In black skirts these ladies were and it seemed to me like it was their choir uniform. I loved mu