Skip to main content

WHAT’S MY WEDDING BUDGET



Written by Royal David




A wedding ceremony is one of the greatest events of an individual’s life or at least supposed to be, especially when the other fellow saying “I DO” is the treasured love of your life, the one you’ve always want to spend your life with.

Unfortunately this is not always the case as some people fail to incorporate into their plans, one of the very essentials of wedding planning/preparation. Now, what’s the guarantee that though your spouse is your dream partner, your pre-wedding, wedding ceremony and post-wedding will go as planned? The answer is simple …*Planning*, not just planning but budgeting.

You and your partner must ask yourself some really important questions ever before the planning and execution, and must both come to an agreement. Sample of these questions are;

  • What kind of wedding do we want to have? (big, small, just okay, loud etc)
  • Why are we having this kind of wedding? (motive/reason)
  • What should be our budget? (how much are we looking at)
  • How much do we have on ground (cash at hand or bank account)

As minor as these question may seem, they are very important. You can have any kind of wedding you want, on the beach, in a hall, in a garden or serene environment, but it all boils down to your budget. Some couples spend as it comes and even get things they don’t really need (for example buying some stuff, when they can rent them and they may never be used again) and at the end of the day they are running bankrupt. Now, don’t get me wrong am not against having a colourful and talk of the day wedding, because I know some folks are up to the task and can spend up to 20m for a wedding ceremony (thumbs up to you). But even such folks have it planned out, for example “I want the best and I’m spending nothing less than XYZ amount”, is still a budget.  But for you, who is not exactly earning like these ones, or whose parents are not politicians, yes you! You can equally have a colourful wedding with the right motives and budget.

Your motives are very important when agreeing on a budget. For example,
  • Who am I trying to impress?
  • Who am I in competition with?

Hey don’t be like those folks who borrow and spend a lot to organize a wedding party and at the end of the day can not even have a decent, fun filled honeymoon vacation, or is running from his/her home because of money lenders or cannot even purchase a small car for his pregnant wife a year later. Won’t it be beautiful to have a fine wedding according to your budget and still have a blissful post wedding life? Wedding is totally different from marriage, am sure you know that by now. What makes a wedding successful?  First you have been joined with your spouse by the priest, pastor or registrar, the people you want to see, your invitees are present, all the plans are promptly and well executed with little or no errors (I call that successful).

You can’t really completely please your entire guest, you can only try. There are some who will not just get food, drink or souvenirs (but you’ll later find them eating and drink in the video (*laughing & shaking my head*)) what does this tell you? You are getting married not to please the crowd, or to get gifts and money, but because you found someone you love and you want to spend a beautiful life with. Keep abreast the right reason for your getting married and don’t let the pressures from wedding planning, friends and family force you to go beyond your budget, leaving you in a mess.



(For inquiries on wedding tips, good wedding vendors in Nigeria or you need an excellent wedding planner that can give you the best within your budget, contact us on royaltyokasions@gmail.com or 0814 047 7444 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Announcer: Queen & Pst. Chris .O.

It's here again the season of love, weddings and marriage. It has been a lovely Royalty Blog year as we shared lovely photos and beautiful love stories from our Royal couples. The wedding I'm about to announce won't be any different from class and Royalty and just like me you too will love their pre-wedding photos, grinning from ear to ear..lol. Okay let's get right into it, where's my wedding bells?

READY BUT STILL WAITING

I have something to say, hmmmmmmm, I have something to say.... Listen! Listen pay full attention for I have something to say...... Ehennnnnn so let me land. When I dropped my first note this year " Same wish-list as every year" it was focused on the unmarried young lady and this led me straight to my next thoughts which i'm about to share with you. You know I always like to look at the flip side of every story, so my focus is undoubtedly focused on the unmarried brothers. When I write I draw my inspiration/findings from real life everyday  people and experiences that everyone can relate with, it doesn't necessarily have to be about me but I clearly like to state my opinion on life issues as I see or perceive them. *wink* Now  Prince charming got it all working for him, a good family, a great job, a nice apartment, may or may not have a car, perfect gentle man, ladies man, and goes to church at le ast every sunday. He's mature and respectful, he's always

Wedding Announcer: VeeBee2016 (Lovestory, Engagement, Photos, Wedding details)

Wedding bells! Wedding bells!! Wedding bells!!! It's been a longtime coming and I have eagerly waited for this day when I'll announce the wedding of this fantastic couple and tell their story. There's never a dull moment with this two; Veebee Squad So sensational gospel music minister Victoria Otabor popularly known as Veekezy is set to marry her heartthrob Bright Amazu on the 2nd of April 2016 (soft copy invite with details below) NB: Grab a bottle of sprite, or whatever you like as you take a journey into Veebees's world. You'll be smiling all the way. Okay enough said, oya let's go there. WHERE IT ALL STARTED (OUR LOVE STORY) Love is our transportation and forever is our Destination Groom : I couldn't mention one leaving the other. I could still remember that picture. It was the Display Picture of a friend on the Blackberry Messenger. In black skirts these ladies were and it seemed to me like it was their choir uniform. I loved mu