Skip to main content

HOUSE-HELP MAYHEM: Abuja maid strangles 3year old to death.


Lifestyle





Culled from Naijaparrot.com

"Please we should be careful with the kind of people or maid we bring around our children. It’s our responsibility to protect our children. I know it's really not easy with work and other engagements not to have someone to help out with the kids but we should make sure it’s someone we know very well and can trust with the lives of our children. 
We all saw what the Uganda maid did to a 2-year-old girl.

This week we heard about the maid who also took two young boys from their home in Lagos after just a few weeks of working with the family. 

And it has just been reported again about a maid in Abuja who strangled a 3-year-old girl just because the girl’s mum told her she couldn’t travel to her village for Christmas.
The maid was said to have killed the little girl in anger because her boss had insisted she had to stay in Abuja-Nigeria to look after the child."

Okay that's from naijaparrot but lets talk, seriously. These stories are not fables. The case of the kidnapped boys from their home in Isheri Mogodo Estate, Lagos-Nigeria, on Sunday is real. A friend of mine is actually acquainted with the parents of the missing boys pictured below. But thank God the two youngboys have been found, today December 11, in Shagamu and have been handed over safely to their parents.



My point/issues

1. The more we hear these stories the more careful and watchful we should be. Just as they say in banking KYC (Know Your Customer) the same method applies KYM (Know Your Maid). Don't just get a maid from an agent, if you must do your personal KYM on that maid.

2. There are always two sides of the coin. 
Last week I visited a family and the way the lady treated her maid was nothing to write home about. With the endless and never ending work in the house, as the maid is always seen doing onething or the other, she doesn't feed him (sometimes 2days stretch). At one time I spoke with her but she lied and denied all I have observed, making excuses. But common this maid is literally almost a skeleton compared to the last time I saw him. With an empty stomach that has not known food for days, she'll ask this maid to feed her kids while his stomach rumbled, I had to sneak to give him some of mine. As If that was not enough when I discussed this with a grown-up who had lived with them longer, the person complained about how she can't withstand seeing her beat the maid and that if it were recorded and placed on social media sites, she'll be jailed for batter.


All that said, I bet you know where I'm going to already. I don't know why some people are desperately wicked and inhumane when it comes to treating their maids or workers well. Maybe it's the way they saw their own mothers treat their maids while growing up. Why can't you try to treat your maid if not exactly but close to how you treat and care for your kids because they are people's kids too. Circumstances may have led their parents to give them away. For those ladies who have bigger maids, they should be worried that one day this maid may just retaliate and fight back. I mean they are humans with feelings and emotions too.

Remember King Solomon in the bible and how he thrilled Queen Sheba with the apparels and general outlook of his servants. If someone comes to your home would they be able to tell your maid from your kids if they were all bindfolded?

Hmmmmm A word is enough for the wise
Lets talk about this, feel free to share your opinion. 

Be Aware! Beware.!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Announcer: Queen & Pst. Chris .O.

It's here again the season of love, weddings and marriage. It has been a lovely Royalty Blog year as we shared lovely photos and beautiful love stories from our Royal couples. The wedding I'm about to announce won't be any different from class and Royalty and just like me you too will love their pre-wedding photos, grinning from ear to ear..lol. Okay let's get right into it, where's my wedding bells?

READY BUT STILL WAITING

I have something to say, hmmmmmmm, I have something to say.... Listen! Listen pay full attention for I have something to say...... Ehennnnnn so let me land. When I dropped my first note this year " Same wish-list as every year" it was focused on the unmarried young lady and this led me straight to my next thoughts which i'm about to share with you. You know I always like to look at the flip side of every story, so my focus is undoubtedly focused on the unmarried brothers. When I write I draw my inspiration/findings from real life everyday  people and experiences that everyone can relate with, it doesn't necessarily have to be about me but I clearly like to state my opinion on life issues as I see or perceive them. *wink* Now  Prince charming got it all working for him, a good family, a great job, a nice apartment, may or may not have a car, perfect gentle man, ladies man, and goes to church at le ast every sunday. He's mature and respectful, he's always

Wedding Announcer: VeeBee2016 (Lovestory, Engagement, Photos, Wedding details)

Wedding bells! Wedding bells!! Wedding bells!!! It's been a longtime coming and I have eagerly waited for this day when I'll announce the wedding of this fantastic couple and tell their story. There's never a dull moment with this two; Veebee Squad So sensational gospel music minister Victoria Otabor popularly known as Veekezy is set to marry her heartthrob Bright Amazu on the 2nd of April 2016 (soft copy invite with details below) NB: Grab a bottle of sprite, or whatever you like as you take a journey into Veebees's world. You'll be smiling all the way. Okay enough said, oya let's go there. WHERE IT ALL STARTED (OUR LOVE STORY) Love is our transportation and forever is our Destination Groom : I couldn't mention one leaving the other. I could still remember that picture. It was the Display Picture of a friend on the Blackberry Messenger. In black skirts these ladies were and it seemed to me like it was their choir uniform. I loved mu